Monday 9 June 2014

My Writing Process

I was tagged by my friend to discuss my writing process.

1: At the moment I am trying to write a medical aimed at the M and B line as well as a first person story. The research I need for the first person story had been done several years before, because I myself needed the information for my own wedding. So its all there I just need to put it together. I have never attempted a first person before but I see it as a challenge. If all it does is sit on my computer for my own satisfaction at least I know that I can do it.

I'm awaiting an answer for two manuscripts that are out there and trying my best to forget about them. Trying hard not to think about the mistakes I have since found in it. Worrying that it would be a no because of them. It is so hard to do but I am trying to keep calm and carry on as they say.


2: I write because I love to do it. I have only been writing seriously for just over a year and have had a novel published through My Weekly pocket novels. My greatest triumph to date, seeing that book on the shop shelves sent a buzz through me that i'm not sure will be repeated at least not for a while. You never know though.  I read anything and everything I can get my hands on, not just in the romance genre that I write. I need books and I need to write. Practise makes perfect, rejections used to get to me and now i see it as well it wasn't right for that company but it could be right for someone else.

3:  I write long hand at first, there is something satisfying of using pen and paper to create your work. I then spend however long to type it up, adding and deleting as necessary.  I can't work in quiet so I sit in the living room surrounded by my boys and write. Often things they say or do will work there way into my books. They take an interest in what i am doing and suggest plot points names, places for me to use.

4: When I ask people to look at what I have done, I much prefer them to be as harsh and as critical as possible. Critique can only make a novel stronger.  From my author peers, I can take anything, even I at times have spat the dummy out of the pram but in the end I have known they are right. It is from this learning curve I am making my stories stronger.

5: Everyone dreams of being accepted by a brick built publisher and i am no different. Will it happen I don't know if I will ever make it, but I will keep on writing and submitting stories.

If you don't put words on a page then you will never get anywhere in this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment